Fiber has become one of the fastest, most reliable and most popular medium in which to deliver bandwidth. With new advancements every year, fiber now is capable of speeds in excess of 100Gbps, compared to a 3Mbps DSL line, that is of 33,000 times faster!.
Entertainment - Fiber allows you to seamlessly experience web browsing, HD video streaming, and online gaming without worrying about your connection slowing down, even at night and on weekends when everyone is online.
Work-from-home - Work from home hassle-free. No more long waits to upload or send large files. Video conferencing made easy.
Communicate- Email and chat to your hearts content, send and receive family photos and video chat with friends and loved ones at lightning-fast speed.
Fiber optics has several advantages over traditional metal communications lines:
• Fiber optic cables have a much greater bandwidth than metal cables. This means that they can carry more data so you will not see a reduction of speed when your neighbors are all online at the same time as you.
• Fiber optic cables use digital signals (the natural form for computer data) rather than electrical, so they are not susceptible to interference from other electrical devices or radio signals.
• Fiber optic cables are much thinner and lighter than metal wires, so more fibers can be bundled into a given diameter of cable. Yet they are 4-8 times stronger, making them less likely to be damaged. This means your service is much more reliable!
• Because no electricity is passed through optical fibers, there is no fire hazard.
• Data is more secure because, unlike traditional copper wires, it is not possible to tap into a glass line without breaking it.
Fiber-optic systems are revolutionizing telecommunications! Fiber is often said to be "future-proof" because the data is transmitted at the speed of light, so the rate of the connection is usually limited by the equipment rather than the fiber. This will permit substantial speed improvements by equipment upgrades long before the fiber itself must be upgraded.